Our blog has moved! Please visit www.theclairmontfamily.com.

Background

Monday, January 2, 2012

Living for Your Glory



And take my life, let it be everything, all of me
Here I am, use me for Your glory
In everything I say and do, let my life honor You
Here I am living for Your glory

As the New Year has come and gone and the blogosphere is abuzz with the best and worst of 2011, I sat down and began to think what 2012 is going to look like. I could list all of the things that I think God is going to do this next year, make predictions or resolutions that I probably won't keep, but instead I want to make it simple: in 2012, I am going to live for His glory.

Two summers ago, I first sang this song at a church in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti, and I think it was the first time I could sing those words "here I am, living for Your glory" and truly mean it. Since then, it still is a chorus that stirs my soul and makes me weep because I want nothing more than to be an instrument of God, to be used for His glory and to let my life honor Him.  
Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit” - yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” - James 4:13-15
I don't yet know what 2012 will hold, but I can say that God is making mighty changes in our lives, in shaping our ministry, and in using us for His glory. I am excited to see what the next 12 months will hold, because I know that living for God's glory is never dull.


No comments:

Post a Comment